"For it is by grace you have been saved through faith- and this not from yourselves- it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
I can be ugly sometimes. Really ugly. And I don't mean on the outside, although that happens too, but I mean on the inside. I think really mean things about people. I am very opinionated. I often judge people too quickly. The phrase "If I wasn't a Christian woman, I would...(fill in the blank)" goes through my head on a regular basis.
I've been thinking this morning about the kind of woman I would be if I didn't know Him- the kind of things I would say, the things I would do, people I would hurt. I am capable of doing so many of those things- and it's ugly. So ugly.
And then I think about the times when I do say mean things, when I do things I know aren't good for me, when I hurt people. And I think about how awful I can be sometimes when I make the decision to let "all that ugly" spill out of me rather than the Spirit of the living God.
Where we I be without His grace? I'm not really sure. But I am thankful for it, and I am thankful that I know the difference between when I am living by the Spirit and living in sin- even if I don't always make the right choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment