Monday, March 15, 2010

A Love Like That.

Note: I feel like I need to acknowledge my long intermission before I write again, so- sorry it's been so long. Life has me going crazy.

A few weeks ago a co-worker of mine was telling me about a marriage conference she went to the weekend before with her husband. She said the conference was excellent, and even though they've been married for 35 years, they really enjoyed it. At the end of the conference, each couple had the chance to renew their vows in a smaller chapel at the church if they wanted. Her and her husband decided to do it.

With tears in her eyes she said to me, "You know, 35 years ago I was looking into his eyes and we were excited about life and our future together and all that was to come and had such anticipation on that day. When I looked at him on Saturday, all I could do was cry...because we won't have another 35 years together. And I know I'll see him in heaven, but I won't be married to him there. I mean, who knows how many more years we have together."

She was crying in my office at 8:30am on a Tuesday morning because 35 years wasn't long enough...

Yeah, I want a love like that.

No comments: