Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This could sound really lame.

I almost hate to admit this, but then again, I really don't care. Today I realized one of the things I really miss about college: naps. Mostly the kind taken on uncomfortable futons, but all kinds of them really. I miss curling up in a blanket in the middle of a cold afternoon and turning on a movie you haven't seen in ages. I miss falling asleep to Oprah and having your roommate wake you up almost every single day for dinner at the DC (thanks roommate), and then walking around aimlessly trying to find something for dinner, still half asleep, everyone's faces a blur because you slept with your contacts in. I miss crawling back into bed after some crazy, early morning SAC event that had me up before the sun and done by 11am. I miss attempting to curl up on my office couch and slip in a 20 minute nap before my next class or meeting.
I'm not really sure what brought me to this realization, but for the past two weeks I have been ridiculously tired and have fallen asleep either on my couch or on my bed around 4pm, but it just isn't the same. I blame it on S.A.D., which my mom claims I don't have (or maybe she just doesn't think she needs to buy me a tanning package like I suggested to help me with my "disorder"), but either way, it's becoming a problem. I think I'm going to scrap enough money out of my budget this month for a tanning package either way, and hopefully it will solve my problem. If not, I'm open to other suggestions...like maybe getting my uncomfortable futon back from the townie who took it out of the dumpster just seconds after I put it in on move-out day.

2 comments:

BAW said...

good luck retrieving the futon. those townies will kill you over some prized property like that.

Unknown said...

this doesn't sound lame, it sounds like the same thought I have every day:)