However, it made me miss SAC events. For those of you who dislike painting, detail work, organization, dealing with 50 musicians at a time, and creativity, I understand how you might not relate. However, what was different about last night was there was no cutting out giant cardboard objects such as, but not limited to: an ipod man, the U.S.A., a deck of cards, a gun, a tollbooth, etc., no t-shirts to design, tickets to sell, commercials to screen, faculty to coerce into acting, writing scripts the week before, making glittery stars (at Curt's request), painting Joel gold, apologizing to the maintenance dept. or housekeeping, or spending hours in the ETC, the office, or the basement of the chapel deciding which acts made it, which acts were gonna make it against my will, and which acts rocked our socks off. Instead, there was a lot of reservations, a lot of conversations with the caterer, and a lot of technical work. Not to say I didn't have fun, because I did, but I really sure hope this isn't what being a grown up is all about...
because I really will miss ipod man.
No comments:
Post a Comment