Saturday, November 15, 2008

Love and Embezzlement

LOVE.
Now, I really don't mean to write about this everyday, but I just can't get over how much the personal ads on Craig's List just immediately brighten my day. So, in case you haven't ventured over there to check them out for your own city, I will give you my Top 5 "Men Seeking Women" quotes from Toledo today:

5. "i'm looking for a date that would be interested in a long term relasionship and see what happends." (26)
4. "White Nerdie Girl Wanted~23"
3. "I am very magical, yet loyal." (26)
2."If im not doing anything else, I am watching a movie on my surround sound in my room." (22)
1. "Christian Man Looking For........" (44) the ad: "Hello I am Currently Separated waiting for my Divorce to become final. I am not a Ken Doll. Currently I am Disabled, but that is due to weight issues. But I am losing weight."

EMBEZZLEMENT.
Yesterday I stopped by the coffee shop I used to work at up until about 6 months ago. Immediately, my old co-workers told me that my old boss was escorted out of the building last Friday. Apparently he had embezzled over $78,000 from the company and was attempting to frame another manager. They had been watching him for over a year! My first thoughts were 1. that's hilarious, 2. I didn't know that was possible...what a smart guy! and 3. how many of my deposits did I let him take to the cash office for me when I closed?? However, my co-workers first thoughts were "wish he woulda shared!" It's true. That would have been nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you read the missed connections section on craigslist? Because it is sooo great.

jonathan chacko said...

Haha...I need to read craigslist more often! WOW!