This past Sunday I was teaching the 2s and 3s class. I have a lot of fun in that class because the kids are just so darn cute and hilarious.
One of the kids in my class has some special needs. I've always been told with kids, and especially special needs kids, to be very positive and affirming in their actions. As he was putting away the blocks I asked him to, I kept saying, "Good job, Sam!" each time he took a new load over to the crate. At one point I picked up a handful of blocks and as I put them in the crate, in his stuttering little voice I heard him say, "Good job, Miss Abby!" I laughed, hard, and said, "well thank you, Sam!"
Later on, he was playing with a toy cellphone, answering it by saying hello. I said, "Sam, who is it? Who called you?" He got a huge smile on his face and exclaimed, "SANTA!!"
He is too precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment