Sunday, July 11, 2010

Perspective.

Last week I had a couple of really bad days. Nothing in particular, really just seemed like everything. I gladly continued the pity party I was having for myself.

And then I got word that one of my kids had fallen through a barn roof but was thankfully caught by his dad before falling all the way to the floor. It could have been a lot worse.

And then a friend of mine received some heartbreaking news that will affect her and her family for the next several months.

And then my nephews came back from Cincinnati with the same "come back in 3 months" for the second or third time this year.

Unfortunately, it wasn't hearing about just one of those incidents that made me snap out of it. I kept thinking to myself, "I should be thankful, I should be thankful" but really all I wanted to do was feel sorry for myself. Finally, somewhere between thinking about these incidents collectively, Sunday morning's sermon, and taking the day to stop thinking about everything- God changed my heart and my attitude.

Why is it so easy to become so selfish? Why do I sometimes feel so entitled to good things?


Psalm 23. Yes, He is a good Shepherd.

No comments: