Hey, it's been a while. It's amazing how fast ten months can go.
I've made a lot of plans in my life. In fact, I would say that the majority of my mentors told me to prepare and to do just that.
So I did. In high school, I planned on attending a four year college, meeting the man of my dreams, and getting married at 21. With the confirmation from a silly road trip game played with our youth pastor of telling our futures, his at the time joking response of "you'll go to Taylor, meet the man of your dreams, and get married shortly after" didn't seem unrealistic, and I accepted it with a smile on my face. In fact, I'm pretty sure that was God's will for my life.
Then my senior year of college when I met this guy who had some serious potential and I started lining up our after graduation plans and realizing that after a bit of long distance, it seemed they fit well, I made those plans. And I was pretty sure it was God's will for my life at that point as well.
And then when that didn't pan out, I didn't make any plans. Not for a long time. And then I met someone new, and I started making plans again. But this time it really was the real deal- I prayed for him, for us, more than anything else. I prayed for his business to prosper. I prayed for our future relationship. I had convinced myself I was ready to move, and I made another plan of how I would live and survive in another place, another state. I knew for sure it was God's will.
And then things didn't go so well.
And then I did some stupid things (yes, plural). I led some guys on. I broke some boys' hearts and sold them on ebay. I got wrapped up in making something happen. In moving forward, in progress. I was sick of waiting, sick of being disappointed by well thought out and well sought out plans (meaning Him). Thankfully, my sense got the best of me. And if anything, it has made me realize what I want more than anything is a godly man.
So here I am: I got no plans. I quit one of my jobs. I'm pursuing selling my crafts online. I'm investing in the lives of young families. I am exactly where I am supposed to be. With no plans, only obedience to the One who has called me to live a life I never expected.
And honestly, I'm happier than I have been in a long, long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment