Monday, October 26, 2009

Kids say...

On Sunday I was attempting to get every kid to fill out a survey about their favorite things, their hobbies, and what they liked to do for fun in an attempt to get to know them better. One of the girls said, "You know, I'm kind of weird...I don't really like to talk about myself." I took that to mean she wanted to go play with the piano instead of filling out some dumb survey, so I said, "Okay, well how about I ask you the questions, you tell me the answers, and I'll just write them down?" "Okay."

Here are my favorite responses:

Me: What is your favorite movie?
Her: Oh shoot...what is it called. I can't think of it...wait, it starts with an H...yes, Hellboy! I can't believe I remembered that. I LOOOVE that movie!"
Me: oookay...next question

Me: Who is your favorite Bible character?
Her: Oh, I can't remember his name. Who was that guy who like hid in a basket?
Me: Moses?
Her: No, not Moses...he like hid in a basket so the people wouldn't find him?
Me: You mean Moses?
Her: No, ohh what is his name. He like went around telling all these people about Jesus...
Me: umm...Paul?
Her: Yes! Paul! That's it! I LOOOVE Paul! He is sooo cool.


The things kids say...I could write a book.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

:) Happy you are back writing...