Out of all the technology the world has to offer, this is still my favorite place to start: a blank sheet of paper.
In case I haven't mentioned it before, Monday mornings are by far my favorite day in the office. Yes, I'm still tired from the whirlwind that is a Sunday morning for me and probably a little sleep deprived, but a hot cup of coffee, a blank sheet of paper, and a quiet office are a few of my favorite things.
I've spent the morning working on my annual report and reviewing all GOD has done in the past 12 months. Wow. If I ever need a reminder that I am not in charge and my plans are not His plans, I need to remember this day. As I was looking over each month and everything that was accomplished, I know there is no way I could have done it by my own strength or will. Not only that, but when I took this position last October, I had no idea where I would be today, but I'm going to promise you this is nothing I imagined. While I don't feel the need to share with you my year-end report, here are a few highlights:
- implemented an entire worker application process and handbook
- hosted a week-long VBS
- moved our entire children's area to a different part of the building and re-decorated the entire area
- moved to a completely new format for children's church
- hosted our first ever Parent's Night Out- a chance for parents to have free childcare for date night and had 20 kids
- welcomed 26 (yes, 26!) new children to our church family including three precious newborn girls...oh, and we have 3 more still in the ovens!
I can't help but marvel at how awesome my God is.
I've been thinking about that word recently. TU's Youth Conference one year was MARVEL, and while the conference was for hundreds of high school students, I think back to that time and I'm not sure I had fully grasped that concept as a college student. It's kind of a funny word when you think about it, but the definition is powerful: to marvel is to be filled with surprise or wonder. I think if we took the time to sit back and think about what God has done for us on a daily basis, we would spend a lot more time marveling. At His goodness, His ways, His plans, His grace, His ability to love- all of those attributes consistently lead me to a place of surprise and wonder.
I can't wait to see what He will do in 2011.

No comments:
Post a Comment