Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm A Champ.

So for over a year now, I have wanted to get my nose pierced. Not because my friends are doing it, not because I think I'll be cool if I do, and not because I want to put a huge ring in it. I've always liked the look and thought maybe I had the right kind of nose for it. Well, they say if you want something, think about it, and if a year later you still want it- do it.

Yesterday, I made a decision to stop doing something that, in the end, would probably not have been a wise choice. I was pretty proud of myself and wanted something that would serve as a reminder. So, on December 29, 2010, I got my nose pierced.

 Libbie told me to look scared. I wasn't...too much :)

 Meet my new friend, Ricky. Cleaning the area...

 Sticking the needle in!

 At this point he made an inappropriate comment to get me to laugh...
it helped relieve the stress, which was the point :)

 Checking it out...

 watery eyes but all smiles! :)

My favorite: my mom's reaction when she looked inside my nose to see what it looked like. (She reminded me of the dad on Sweet Home Alabama when he sees the kid with the tongue ring.)

It looks great today, and I haven't had any redness or swelling. Minus a little bit of tenderness, I would say it was a huge success!