Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Funny Moments.

I like to laugh. A lot. Sometimes things happen that I want to remember so I can laugh all over again.

Two of them have occurred in the past two weeks.

Funny Moment #1:
I had the opportunity to travel to Charlotte, NC to visit some friends of mine from college. They have the cutest little 3 1/2 month old you've ever seen, and they had also recently acquired a new puppy, who was absolutely adorable. We had a great few days of catching up, relaxing, shopping, enjoying the Charlotte weather, and, of course, babies and puppies.

While Laci and I were at Panera one day, she realized something terrible. You see, their car is fancy in that the ignition is a button and the key just has to be in the car for it to start. Unfortunately, it is also possible to lock the key in the car pretty easily that way. However, since Laci is supermom, she was determined to get in the car- and we had left the sunroof open.

So in the middle of the Panera parking lot, she began to climb on the hood of her car. Unfortunately, the Charlotte sun had baked the hood of her black car, and she couldn't stand to climb on it. I then decided me cheerleader-proping her up over the side of the car was the best idea. So while laughing hysterically (and I mean, hysterically), she used my leg, the door handle, and the top of the car to pull herself up and in through the sunroof. The good news? The key WAS indeed in the back of the car (it had fallen out of the diaper bag), and she let Judah and I in. Where was baby Judah this entire time? Sleeping in his carseat of course, missing all the action.

I am proud to say that for the two most embarrassing moments of Laci's life, I have been present. It just made a great trip that much better to be able to be present for another one!


Funny moment #2 to come tomorrow...

No comments: