Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm baaaaack.

For some reason, I woke up before my alarm this morning and with a smile on my face! (That's rare, really.) I was ready for a good cup of coffee and Bible study. Several co-workers made the comment today of "Abby's back." Not that I've necessarily been gone physically...but definitely mentally. I think it all started when I made a joke, and then it continued as I rolled my eyes at someone and called them Gina. (It's the little things really.) After work, I spent the afternoon at the pool (holla!) which only continued to brighten my day and darken my skin tone. One of the girls at VBS said, "Your skin looks different." I said, "oh really?" She said, "Yeah, I think it's 'cause you white...but you look different." Hmm...I am hoping to change nationalities by the end of the summer...

I ended the day by re-reading the ending of one of my favorite books. I have two books that sit at the head of my bed with bookmarks in them that let me know to "start reading here" when I just want to read the ending again. I'm never disappointed.

And I think I just might be getting some of my peripheral vision back. I don't think I ever mentioned that I was never able to collect unemployment (I made too much money at the one job I still did have...imagine that), but God has been faithful and has been showing me ways in which I can still bless others. I donated things to be sold at a garage sale for my friend to raise support for a trip to El Salvador. I was blessed by the gift from the speaking engagement, which allowed me to send support to another one of my friends preparing to leave the country. I am so thankful that God is still faithful, even if at times we aren't.

No comments: