After a day like today, with three-hour long staff meetings and the enormous amount of work ahead, these are the things I want to remember:
A fellow staff member bringing me a cute vase of hand-picked flowers with a ribbon tied around it on Wednesday morning to encourage me.
My friend Mac's three-year old son, Tate, bringing me a balloon sticker so I wouldn't be sad that "the fire broke my building that I worked at."
A few months back, our 4-6th grade Sunday school class raised a little over $600 for missionaries in Cambodia to buy a school building for children. This is part of the e-mail I received today:
"This morning we told the children that the children’s ministry that had sent the money for our first building had had a very sad thing happen. We told them that their building had had a very bad fire and now their place to meet was destroyed. They took up a love offering and asked us to bring it to you. The offering came to $3 .00 and 26,800 riel ($6 . 70) or a total of $9.70. I think that their teachers helped some…They were very moved to think that the children who had helped them were now in need of help. They were so thankful to be able to take up an offering for you. This is actually their very first offering."
No comments:
Post a Comment