Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Flirting.

I saw a first last week. As I was wandering aimlessly down the card aisles, looking for something halfway decent to send my brother and another for my best friend, I came across a new section of cards- Just Flirting. Yep, it's true. There was the "Romantic" section and then the "Romantic- I Love You" section and then squished right somewhere there in the middle was the "Just Flirting" section.

Now, call me crazy, but if you are "just flirting" with someone...wouldn't it be weird for them to get you a card? To me, buying a card that pretty much says, "hey I just bought you this card because I thought of you and I thought I should buy you this card that talks about how much I love spending time with you and how much I really like you" just takes it to a whole new level. There is nothing that says "just flirting" about a just flirting card. Really, it's an oxymoron.

I think it would be best to re-name the section "Romantic-D.T.R.". Because I think anyone who gives a "Just Flirting" card is really just hoping it opens up the possibility of having "a D.T.R."- or "a Defining The Relationship" talk. It's kinda like "oh look, I bought you this card because I thought I should buy you this card that talks about how much I love spending time with you and how much I really like you...do you like spending time with me and do you like me too?" If it could include check yes or no boxes too, that would be helpful.


It's just an idea. My take on Just Flirting? Well, my momma always said...don't put all your eggs in one basket, sweetie.

2 comments:

jonathan chacko said...

HAHA... i might need to tweet this!
Also, there is a typo. You wrote 'but', but you really meant 'buy' in your third paragraph

...because I thought I should but you this card that talks about how much ....

abby jane. said...

Typo fixed :) Thanks for keeping me on my toes!