Tuesday, November 30, 2010

For those who have ever doubted God's goodness.

Do you ever find yourself sometimes needing a reminder that He is good, all the time? I know I hear it often. I read Scripture on a regular basis that tells me this very thing. But sometimes, at least for me, I love to see God show up in a big way in my own life. Little things happen on a daily basis, and for those I am grateful, but I love moments when the only explanation is His goodness. I know this is my story. I know you might not be able to relate, but I cannot not tell of His goodness to me today. If I don't give Him the glory, I'm pretty sure this computer desk will cry out.

A few weeks ago I approached Pastor Thomas about a conference I was hoping to attend in Atlanta next April. We talked about it for a while- the purpose/benefit of it, the expenses, and if it was feasible. Unfortunately, the budget for next year was almost complete, and it didn't seem like there would be any room in it for the conference. He had an elder meeting the next week and told me he would bring it up and see what happened.

He didn't mention it after the meeting so I figured the answer was a no. Today was the last day to get in purchases for this year's budget, so I had it on my to do list to go into his office and ask but was kind of dreading the answer. I had even suggested paying for my lodging and travel expenses on my own- to which he said no way.

Yesterday as I was attempting to place my new curriculum order, I was having trouble. I e-mailed my consultant, and she called me this morning- trying to figure out the problem. I ended up having to pay for an extra month's curriculum, but not really because they had already given me that month free. It really wasn't a big deal.

About fifteen minutes after I got off the phone with her, she sent me an e-mail saying I had an option of two gifts to make up for the issue we were having this morning. The first option was a gift pack, worth about $200, that included all sorts of books, DVDs, and training materials. The second option? A complimentary ticket to the conference. No joke. I sat at my desk just staring at the e-mail thinking to myself, you have GOT to be kidding me.

I walked down to Pastor Thomas' office to tell him the good news. He couldn't believe it either. We booked my hotel today so that the only expenses going on next year's budget is travel expenses.

Is He good? Yes, yes He is.

"For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps. 100:5

No comments: