I pretty much don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. They might as well be called "a list of things I have good intentions of doing but never will" or "a list of good ideas of what to do with my life this year." In fact, I'm pretty sure that by writing them down, I automatically decrease my chances of succeeding by 50%. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but every year when I look back at my "resolutions" I just laugh because I'm either 1. even further from accomplishing the goal or 2. don't even care about it by the time the new year rings in.
So this year I'm implementing a new strategy. I'm going to be really vague, set goals with no specific measurements, and then hopefully succeed. So here is my list of good ideas:
1. Be healthy.
2. Be happy.
3. Read some books. (I wanted to put more, but then that would make it measurable...some is good.)
I'm feeling pretty good about 2009! I can't wait...
No comments:
Post a Comment