Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm Dreaming Of...

Most of my life I have dreamt crazy dreams. If I could go back, I would write every single one of them down in a notebook somewhere and pull them out on a gloomy, rainy day for a good laugh. But, since I can't, here is a small start at least. A couple weeks ago I received this e-mail:

"Subject: Dreaming of You
Message: roommate, i'm glad you're online right now because i've been dying to tell you this story all morning. i had a dream about you last night. you were giving the sermon at your church, which was this GIANT old wooden church with huge vaulted ceilings. and luke and i drove up there to surprise you to hear it, and we got there, and you were so surprised, and then your speech was only 5 minutes and we were pissed. but we still loved you :)"

I'm still trying to find meaning behind that one. Here are a couple I remember from this week:

A good friend of mine came to sing at my church for some reason, and I remember telling people "oh yeah, my friend from college...you guys are gonna love him, etc." So, he comes in and I introduce him, and then the first song he sings is like a country/western song, and I start getting all these weird looks from my friends like "abby...really?" and I was like "I don't even know why he's singing that song...he hates country!" And so then slowly he starts getting better and starts singing more appropriate songs and then everybody likes him...and then I woke up!

Last night I had a dream that I was in this game, sort of like the amazing race I suppose, and it was this scavenger hunt in which my partner was...well, let's just say someone I no longer talk to (hence I have no clue how he was in the dream, but it was funny!). So anyways, I'm trying to get over that throughout the entire dream, and I have no clue why we are paired up, and we are barely talking, but then I'm kinda glad because he's pretty good at the game. So then it gets to the end of the game, and everyone who played is sitting at this huge, long table in a conference room, and then they start telling us all the crazy things we were judged on...like how long we talked to each person at each stop...and that's what decided who won the game rather then the number of items we found! So everyone was really mad and some crazy couple won who were horrible at finding things.

Do you have crazy dreams? Or better yet, reoccurring dreams? I want to hear them!

No comments: