Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Serious Tuesdays.

One of my favorite blogs to follow, Stuff Christians Like, has what he calls "Serious Wednesdays". I've decided that I need a serious day and from now on...it will be Tuesdays. (However, I still reserve the right to be serious any other day of the week...this is my blog, dang it.)

The light in our hallway has been out for a little over a week now. I blame it on a few different factors: 1. my mom will say she has bad knees (I don't know how they can be- they are both made of steel now!) and doesn't want to climb on a chair to fix it and 2. my dad and I probably a)forget about it until we actually go to turn it on and b)are too lazy but also too busy to care about something so trivial.

Do you ever get caught in ruts sometimes? Are you too lazy to get out or too busy to care about it? I confess, I'm sort of in a rut. I'm too lazy and too busy to care about so many things. I feel as if I have lost my peripheral vision for a time. I no longer have the energy to see others around me who are in need and try and help them. I have lost the ability to focus during those conversations. Instead of them coming to my mind multiple times a day and me praying for them, I am lucky if I think about them once a day and even luckier if I think to pray. I no longer have the time to spend hours in the Word or pouring over my Bible studies. I live on nuggets, one verse or passage at a time. I no longer have the desire to do anything other than what is required of me each day. I am focused on the massive amount of work before me. I am exhausted. I am not sleeping well. I am restless.

During these times, I really depend on my brothers and sisters in Christ. I need encouragement. I need prayer. I need volunteers. I need a kick in the butt. I need to survive a whole day without caffeine or a nap.

I changed the light bulb tonight. It's a start...

No comments: