My life this past week consisted of Sports Camp and Sports Camp and more Sports Camp with some wedding thrown in there. Being ridiculously busy leads to a lack of sleep and ultimately makes me over-emotional and leaves me with little patience. This, overall, is not a good mixture for the amount of things I am asked to deal with on a daily basis. Not to mention the unexpected bridesmaid comments after the wedding on Saturday..."Just you wait...it will be your turn soon. Some guy will just come right in and sweep you off your feet..." "You make such a beautiful bridesmaid!" "So who do you think is going to be the next one of you girls to get married? Are you the only single one?"
All of this led to me actually crying while I watched a movie last night (I never cry in movies....and in the theater no less...) and then coming home and crying again because I was stressing over my financial situation once again.
And then today, I got this letter in the mail:
"Dear Abby, Thank you so much for sharing your work with our missions group. I'm sorry to be so late with this, but I want you to know how much I appreciated the excellent presentation you gave us. I understand that a donation was sent from our missions group for the school. Please use the enclosed for whatever you personally need. Blessings."
And of course, I cried again. The letter was from a speaking engagement I had over a month ago. She thought it was late. It was right on time and it was what I needed. The truth is...I know God has been there with me every step of the way this entire past week. I believe and I know that He is always with me. But today it was like He was saying to me, "You are my daughter. I will supply all of your needs...just trust me."
So. I am choosing to trust Him today. And I am trusting that He is going to carry me through the rest of this week and through the rest of this crazy month.
No comments:
Post a Comment