Of this I am fully convinced: I love music. From contributing to family Psalty productions as a young child to singing at the top of my lungs out my car windows in high school to sitting here listening to a last.fm playlist...I <3 music.
But I also have a theory: my current music taste or playlist is always affected by the season. Sure, there are the general Mariah Carey Christmas around Christmas time, sappy love songs around Valentine's Day...just kidding. But really, here is my theory in a nutshell:
Summer- COUNTRY! Country music rarely leaves my stereo or playlist during the summer months. Why? Simple. I attend country concerts in the summer because they are more fun outside than inside. Because it's not a country concert if you don't get beer spilled on you. And because I can't attend a country concert and not know the words to their most recent songs; hence, it must stay on my playlist.
Fall- NEW MUSIC and CHRISTIAN! I love finding new music around fall time. Why? Simple. My birthday is in September, and if I want to buy any new tunes with my sweeeet new itunes gift card, I have to know what I am going to buy! I also enjoy driving home with the windows down, feeling a nice fall breeze and relaxing to a new, not-yet-radio-over-popularized tune. I also like to think I listen to more Christian music in the fall. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm more spiritual then or maybe it's just in hopes of my mom buying me more itunes gift cards, but it seems to happen around September and October.
Winter- MUSICALS! Yep, it's true. Why? Simple. The holidays bring with it more family time, which means the average number of musicals watched throughout the year increases exponentially around the holidays. Not only that, when the weather is yucky, a nice place to sit is in a cozy theater in Chicago seeing Wicked! or a not so cozy theater but sweet production in Toledo seeing The Lion King.
Spring- POP! I might have to wait for one more spring to complete my theory, but I'm pretty sure about this one. Why? Pretty simple. The best thing to listen to while recovering from S.A.D., working on zero energy due to a lack of vitamin D and sleep, and attempting to stay awake on the drive to work is most definitely pop. Carefree, meaningless, and overrated. It doesn't get any better than that.
Now, I know what you are all thinking...I'm missing a HUGE part of my musical taste here. I know, right? Nope, here is the simple truth:
Rap is for all seasons. It transcends all things.
What about you? What does your fall playlist look like?
No comments:
Post a Comment