Saturday, August 1, 2009

The First of the Month.

Only 7 posts in the month of July? Really? I thought I was doing better than that. I apologize for my lack of posts, but as I see it, I'm still many posts ahead of my friends who actually read this blog. Ahem...all of you who never blog. Yeah, you heard me.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it is not going to get any better. I leave tomorrow for vacation (I know, right?!) to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri with my best friend Bee. I will be gone until the 10th, then attending a staff retreat the 11th and 12th. My vacation will consist of: laying out, taking boat rides, reading, sleeping, watching the entire 1st season of Kath and Kim, and eating. Possibly riding the jet skis, depending on how my back feels. (I'm such an old woman.) You might not recognize me when I return because I plan to change nationalities while I am gone.

I will leave you with the following:
1. Happy August! Make it the best month of your summer.
2. I am totally digging the new(ish) Mat Kearney "City of Black and White" - LOVE it!
3. Possibly one of my favorite "missed connections" post on craigslist today:
"I do love you M, and I always will. You can take that to the bank, they wont have enough money to cover my feelings fo you. I know this is what you want in your life, but I just had to let you know how I always felt and still do, you had me at hello the first day, and every day after that. Good luck in your life, I will miss you so much, and I really do love you with all my heart and sole........"
4. I was approached today by another mom, wanting to set me up with her son. I'm not even kidding about this. Positive: he lives in the States. Negative: he's 31. and still single.

5. I'm goin' on vaca. jealous?

No comments: