Raise your hand if you have ever made a decision based on how much people would be shocked by what you did. Go ahead, you can admit it because I am about to give a few examples from my own life. I even have a friend who I'm pretty sure The Shock Factor is the only factor she considers when making 85% of the decisions she does in her life.
Last Sunday, The Shock Factor was 76% of the reason why I jumped off a 30 foot cliff. The other 20% because I wanted to do it, while the other 4% was 2% insanity and 2% because I thought it was kind of bad-a. And you want to know what that 100% total got me? A 100% bruised tailbone.
I normally stop once or twice a week at Tim Hortons on my way to work. Every time I get up to the window, and I don't know how they do it, they always have my exact change ready! Like how do they know what I'm going to give them? If I hand them my credit card, they are ready for that. If I hand them 2 dollars, they already have the quarter in their hand. So recently I've been trying something different...I've been trying my best to shock them. You know, catch them off guard. Like if my total is $2.67, I give them 5 dollars...and then 2 pennies. Ha! Take that. You weren't ready for it, were ya?
I like to give people a run for their money. Maybe it's because I'm the youngest of 5 children that when I'm told to do something, everything in me wants to do the opposite. I really don't know what it is, but I would be lying if I said The Shock Factor didn't play a small role in my decision-making process.
I know most normal people probably don't like to mess with their friendly Tim Hortons employees, but what is something you have done in your life simply for The Shock Factor?
No comments:
Post a Comment