Thursday, January 8, 2009

Embarrassing Moments

This week I was remembering some of my favorite memories from college. Even when I'm old and gray, I never want to forget these amazing, highly memorable, and hilarious situations!

My freshman year of college, Stace and I used to hang out with our friend Joe and usually one of his friends til all hours of the morning. When spring rolled around, we loved to campout somewhere on campus, which usually involved the practice soccer fields or anywhere back in the woods area by the environmental building. On one particularly beautiful night, we headed out in search of a good spot, but the problem was there were so many people out that night, a good spot was hard to find. We decided to settle on a semi-covered area right next to the soccer field. The next morning we all woke up to the sound of people. All I remember is opening my eyes and seeing about four heads of soccer players looking down on me, to which Joe replied: "uh...Good Morning, soccer team!" I would also like to attribute this moment to Stacey and I getting a "bad reputation" our freshman year...we were innocent, I promise! I mean, we did live in English afterall...

My senior year of college, our senior sem. group had to plan a community project in which we helped some area of the community. We decided to have a spring cleaning day for the Real Life building where Craig and I worked with the kids every week. So, we got the football coach on board, and he assured me the majority of his team would be there. So as we are walking into the eating area to give instructions to a group of waiting football players, my dear friend Laci falls off the side of the ramp we are walking down and lands flat on the tile floor. I was laughing so hard, I thought I was going to die! All of the football players just looked at her like "is that girl okay?" and then a couple of them had to leave the room they were laughing so hard. Not only was I laughing hard, Laci was laughing so hard the football players didn't know if she was laughing or crying or exactly what they were supposed to do in this situation! I'm pretty sure a few of them even came over to help her up, but she was just laughing so hard, nothing could be done :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

most embarrasing moment of life ever. I feel like it doesn't seem as bad on here. (thank goodness) i am glad you were there to share that moment.