Here are my reasons:
1. I live in a small town. I think we have one plowtruck, MAYBE 2, for my entire town. My street is hands down, guaranteed the last one plowed. Not only is it the last one plowed, they only plow half- the opposite half of which I live on. So, not only is my part of the street not plowed, I have to drive over a ginormous heap of plowed snow to turn onto the side street I take out of town.
2. I live in a small town in the middle of the country, meaning lots of hicks (including ourselves I suppose) like to ride their snowmobiles. Fine, no problem, I enjoy it too, however...I also happen to live next to a large park. I'm sorry, but I don't like to hear your snowmobiles at 2am on a school night. Also, if you make a mess, aka ruin the actual part of the street that is plowed, I will hate you.
3. I drive a Honda Civic. Now, the good news is, it is front wheel drive. The bad news is, it's a little guy. So all these mounds of snow I'm talking about? Yeah, not so much.
4. Every single day this week I have left earlier for work than the day before and still managed to be late every day except one. Between Gina having to warm up before she decides she wants to go anywhere, wiping the snow off first and then scraping the ice off the windshield, and avoiding idiots on the highway, I have my hands full.
5. Idiots on the highway. This morning I was close to being in a serious accident as the F-150 going 60mph in the lane next to me hit black ice, swerved into my lane, did a complete 360, smoked the guardrail, and came directly towards me. I sped up enough for him to miss me after I slowed down quick enough so he didn't hit me the first time around. Thankfully the two semis behind us were able to stop quick enough as well. Now...if you drive a pick up truck and don't have 4-wheel drive, tell me why you are going 60mph when it's -8 degrees outside?
6. I work at a school, so I had plenty of opportunities for snow days this week. Counting Sunday and Wednesday night (working at church), I had the opportunity for 6 cancellations or delays. How many did I have? 1. How many should I have had? At least 3, ideally 4.
7. Tomorrow is the only day I don't go into school during the week. And guess what happened? They've already cancelled school for tomorrow.
Can you become a snowbird at the age of 23?

No comments:
Post a Comment