Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Night with Dick and Barb

For those of you who know my mom, she is nothing like me. She's very quiet and reserved. In fact, if you ask most of my friends, they will most likely reply: "she hates me!" Not that there is any validity to that statement (most of the time), but she's just so quiet, if you don't know her well enough, you might misread her. My dad on the other hand, well, he's a sparky sanguine to a T. Loud and brassy? Yep, you got it.

Tuesday night we were sitting at dinner, and Barb says to Dick, "Oh, you are such a smart as...alec!" haha! Dick and I then began to laugh hysterically and all Barb did was give a little smirk. Later on in the evening, my dad (who was over the Obama hype for the day) said, quite desperately, "I'll watch anything other than this!" Famous last words, padre. I said, "Good! I have the perfect Jane Austen movie we can watch!" I put in Persuasion, which I had just rented from the library and was one of the only Jane Austen books turned to film that I had not seen. He groaned throughout the entire movie, but I think he secretly enjoyed it. He was definitely getting into it. At the end he exclaimed, "Just kiss her already!!!" and then turned to me and said, "Abigail, if a guy ever takes that long to kiss you...slap him!"

No comments: