It's true, I save e-mails. The summer after I graduated from Taylor, I painstakingly forwarded a ton (let's not get ridiculous...it was under 100) e-mails to my Gmail account before they so lovingly deleted my Taylor account. (Really, I paid over $100,000 and you can't let me keep my e-mail address? I'm not bitter or anything though...)
Tonight I was looking for a specific e-mail on the subject of the Good Samaritan in which a professor and I discussed at length. In the training I'm involved in this weekend, we once again discussed the parable so I wanted to compare notes.
All of that to say...while searching for the e-mail, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed and entertained by all the e-mails I opened. Sometimes I forget how much fun I had. I will share a couple, which will really probably only be funny to me, but I sure do miss it. Can you guess who they were from??
"So, I got to thinkin' the other day and realized we (you, me, and Sofo) need to get a pic of us rockin' one leg. For real though...before we graduate we need to get a pic. And you need to meet my parents...wink!"
"We will not meet tonight due to some birthdays, conflicts, open houses, and lack of agenda items. Since we are not meeting I would encourage you to attend. Also, I have the Christmas party information below. Please keep reading."
"Why are you re-applying for SAC?
To pick up chicks. And to keep Nathan and Brian in line. And to give the Taylor student body the kind of events they deserve.
What gifts/talents do you have that you believe help to strengthen the cabinet next year?
I don't have enough room to answer this, but I'd say my humility is my best feature. And I don't know if dashing good looks are needed for next year, but I've got that covered as well. In actuality, I will work hard and do what I'm told, so that's good when I'm being ordered around by a bunch of women. I am also somewhat creative.
What are two areas that you are not as strong in?
1. I'm not very good at being serious. This could be positive though seeing as I lighten the mood and keep people laughing during meetings.
2. Rugby."
"op, there goes gravity,snap back to reality...lose yourself in the music,the moment you want it,you better never let it go,you only get one shot,do not miss your chance somethin somethin somethin.
little diddy to liven up your evening...word on the street is that it's that time of the semester when the academic shit is hitting the fan. just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
i hope you trick or treated like it was 1999...i love you like peanut butter loves jelly, like biggie loved pac, like alvin loves theodore, like gruendyke loves chapel."
No comments:
Post a Comment