Friday, February 6, 2009

You've Got Mail

Two interesting pieces of mail I received this week:

1. "Dear Customer: Recently, Mastercard Fraud Management advised us of a security breach that has occurred at an unidentified merchant site. We have been notified that your debit card number may have been compromised. To our knowledge none of your personal information has been compromised in any way. "

Hmm...it was probably one of those gas stations that didn't ask me a bijillion questions.

2. "Dear Abby Jane: In an effort to reduce paper usage and support our green initiative, we will be sending you quarterly, instead of monthly, statements. Enclosed is your first quarterly statement with three payment coupons and envelopes that you can use if you are mailing your payments. Monthly statements are still available if you enroll to receive free, paperless statements. With this program, you'll be able to make payments and view your statements online, while helping the environment."

Well, now I might not ever make my car payment on time again, but at least I'm helping the environment!

No comments: