Thursday, February 5, 2009

What.A.Day

I haven't had a day like this in a long time. I think I went through every emotion I could possibly express between the 18 hours I've been awake. I figured what better of a place than to write things down about today than in a blog, but now that I'm here, I'm just not sure what to say.

God is moving. Everyday at the school I am reminded of that. Today was no exception. I was reminded of the wonderment of the life of Christ through the eyes of a child. I was encouraged to pray when things are too difficult for me in my own human strength by a sister from Ethiopia. I was blessed by gifts from those who are a lot less fortunate than myself. Prayers were answered today in the most unconventional ways- through murals on a wall and Valentine's Day cookies.

God is moving. I was almost in tears putting together a promotional DVD for sports camp. I miss those faces so much. I miss inner-city ministry. Will they come back this summer? Will God continue to use me to lead little ones to Him? For they are precious in His sight, and they own a special corner in my heart too.

And yet I can't ignore the uncertainty, the questions, and the anger. Why good things happen to bad people and why bad things happen to good people. Why certain people are placed in our lives. Why we are burdened with questions we don't have answers to.

God is moving. Am I willing to join Him? Am I willing to sacrifice? Is He really all-sufficient for me? Am I willing to humble myself to be used to display His glory? These are all good questions.


"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart." 2 Cor. 3:18-4:1

No comments: