Wow. 3 years. Has it really been that long? This year has been different. I still grieve, I still mourn, I still remember that day so clearly in my head. But today, I am mostly thankful. I am thankful for: a busy day spent with others to keep my mind off of what today really means for me, thankful for a life well lived in love and service to others, thankful for the privilege of calling her my friend, thankful for lives saved, thankful for growth, thankful for new things, thankful for His mercy and grace.
I am reminded once again of C.S. Lewis' words in A Grief Observed:
"From the rational point of view, what new factor has H’s death introduced into the problem of the universe? What grounds has it given me for doubting all that I believe? I knew already that these things, and worse, happened daily....And now that I come to think of it, there’s no practical problem before me at all. I know the two great commandments, and I’d better get on with them.”
Father God, help me to love. And to always be thankful.
I love you Bets.
Thank you for showing me how to love others sacrificially.
No comments:
Post a Comment