At our "Girl's Night Out" for the 4-6th grade girls on Friday, we had them write down the name of someone they admired or respected and why. One of the girls wrote, "Ms. Abby, because she's funny." Hmm...an admirable quality? That's questionable, but I'll take it.
I've had a small obsession with "finishing things" recently. I took 3 unfinished books on vacation with me, but unfortunately came back with the same 3 unfinished books. I took too many new books and ended up reading 4 of them! I have also had the 10th season of Friends sitting on my shelf for about 6 months now, so last week I completed my goal of finishing all 10 seasons.
Also, if you know me, I cannot NOT finish a book. No matter how stupid or disinterested I am, I have to finish it. As you can see, these 3 elusive, unfinished books present quite a problem for me. Last week I borrowed an awful book from the library, but I had to finish it. Let me tell you- my life isn't any better because of it. I am now fully convinced that yes, it's true, I am no good at judging books by their cover and from now on will only read books through recommendations.
1 comment:
On that note... Have you ever read When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin? Amazing book:)
Post a Comment