Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Excuse me, but it's your week to take the rooster home...

How exciting! Yesterday we were able to resume classes at the school. Thank you for everyone who kept the school in your prayers- we were able to raise a little over $19,000 in special gifts in the past 5 weeks. What an encouragement to us and His work we are doing there!

I love my job for a number of reasons, but today I was once again reminded of one of them:

When filling out the paperwork for their children, one of the questions they are asked is: "May we add you to the parent roster?" After checking yes today, a student looked up and said, "What is a parent rooster?" I had to contain my laughter because I was already having visions of a "class rooster" that parents were being asked to take home on the weekends, much like a guinea pig, hamster, bunny, or any other normal type of class pet. Another staff member then began to explain roster and even though I'm almost positive she still didn't understand, she was already committed to it!

Man, a class rooster...how fun would that be?!

No comments: