I had my chance tonight...and I totally blew it.
I was driving home from a birthday celebration with the girls. I felt like I had a food baby because we ate so much dang Middle Eastern food...and THEN stopped for ice cream. I was singing along to the radio, minding my own business. And there it was- right in the middle of the street. One of the black cats. It was chewing on something in the street (I don't care to know what) and wasn't moving. I kept my pace, not slowing down a bit. And then, right before I reached the still unmoved cat...
I braked. Yeah, it's true- I did. I went against everything I believe in and let it get away. (Really, I was just thinking about the mess- one time I heard a story about a cat climbing up into a car and the person driving away and the cat catching on fire and burning to death and for like the next month all the person could smell was burnt fur in their car. I didn't want that person to be me.)
Is it possible to be a girl and be afraid of commitment? I mean, I can't run over black cats. I freaked out earlier this week about a 2 year contract (and didn't sign), thinking I can't possible know what I'll be doing 2 years from now- where I'll be living, where I'll be working, etc.
But one day, I'll be able to make those big commitments. And when I do, those black cats better watch out...
No comments:
Post a Comment