Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Culprit.

I couldn't figure out why the black cats continued to creep around my uncle's house and my yard. What was keeping them there besides the occasional shelter of the old barn? We live at the end of a dead end street in a small town.

Tonight, my questions were answered.

Although we do live at the end of a dead end street in a small town, the entrance to the park is at the end of our street, so we actually do have a good amount of foot traffic down our street. Since it is a small town, I know and trust most of those people.

Until tonight.

There is a lady in our neighborhood, Felicia*, who is an animal lover. She frequently walks her dog in the park and in the summer months, you will occasionally see her riding her horse (yes, a horse) down my street. Tonight as I pulled onto my street, I saw her WITH A BAG OF TREATS feeding the black cats in my uncle's yard. Yes, she specifically brought with her a bag of treats just to give to them! No wonder they never leave! She keeps them well fed and out of her yard! If I was a mean person, I would take those cats and put them in her screened in porch one night with a sign that said something like "You feed it you own it." I really would never do something like that because I am a nice person (and a little scared of the po-po), but my goodness lady! Let's help control the stray cat population!


*name changed to protect the not-so-innocent

No comments: