Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life, Health, and Ridiculousness.

Warning: Grab a snack. This is going to be a long post due to my recent lack of postings, but you'll enjoy it I promise. I've broken it down into sections in case you need to take a break and come back later...

1. I've been busy.
It's a good busy, but busy none the less. Last week was the last full week of classes at the school, my best friend's birthday, and overall just a busy week. I lacked a lot of sleep and was forced to make it up with power naps and caffeine. This past weekend, being a holiday weekend, had a lot in store for me. A Terminator Party on Friday had us watching all the Terminator movies and then seeing the midnight showing of Terminator Salvation. (I was late and didn't make it until about halfway through the second one...still plenty of terminator for me!) Saturday was spent running errands, shopping, reading...and I don't even remember what else. Sunday night was a cookout and bonfire with my small group. Memorial Day was the annual picnic breakfast at the park, laying out, and then a cookout, hot tub time, and The Bachelorette at my sister's house. Overall, a great holiday weekend!

2. I'm injured.
I've had a rough past few days in the injury department. At my softball game on Thursday night, I took a shot to the leg. It really didn't hurt that bad, but it left stitch marks on my leg. The ball took a bad hop, hit me, and then shanked off towards the 2nd baseman. Probably what made me the most upset was not that I had failed to field the ball correctly, but that it was like a 40 year-old woman who hit it and then apologized for hitting me when she got to 1st base. First of all, there are no apologies (or crying) in baseball (or softball) and secondly, it just sucked. Then yesterday at the picnic I was supervising my 2 year-old twin nephews on the playground, which is a pretty intense job. I was at the top of the slide helping Jayden go down. When he got to the bottom, he started climbing back up the slide and out of my mom's reach. I got really nervous that he was going to fall, so instead of taking the time to climb down, I jumped. Kind of a big mistake. I landed on my feet fine, but then the mulch decided to shift, and I fell. And it was pretty funny...my whole falling and rolling and everything...however, not so much for my leg or my hand. I scraped up my entire left leg and lost some skin on my palm. The good news, however, is that my ridiculousness caused my nephew to stop climbing and watch me long enough that my mom could catch him. It was all a distraction technique really...I planned it. I just really hope these all go away before I have to be a bridesmaid on June 20th.

3. I'm speechless.
I saved the best for last, naturally. On Saturday when my sister and I were shopping, I walked into the dressing room, passing a man with a stroller sitting on the bench, and went in to change. My sister sat on a bench opposite of the man. I came out to show my sister what I had tried on. She kind of made a funny face, but I ignored it, and then went to change again. As we were walking out of the dressing room, she said, "So...that was definitely not a baby in that stroller...it was definitely a cat...and it was definitely wearing clothes." I couldn't believe it. I had to see it with my own eyes. So, we grabbed a shirt for my sister to try on, and I took my seat on the opposite bench. My sister and I also discussed before we went back in how I would best be able to get a picture.
Mission accomplished.

My favorite things about this are:
1. I walked right by him, and I didn't even notice.
2. What is under the stroller? Play toys? Treats?
3. The amount of times (in the less than 5 minutes I sat there) he reached over to play with and/or pet the cat.
4. I never saw the woman he was with come out of the dressing room. (Was she even real?)
5. The amount of hatred I have towards cats, making this all the more unreal to me.
What about you? What is your favorite thing?

1 comment:

Kyle and Stacey said...

1. I saw a stray cat walking/lurking near my car yesterday morning and almost laughed out loud b/c of your earlier post about cats in your neighborhood! They're multiplying...look out!

2. Remember when you got stung by the bee (maybe freshman year) and your leg became the size of texas?!? :)