Saturday, May 9, 2009

Unbelievable.

You know how sometimes you think things and you maybe tell other people things, but you don't really know if it's 100% true? Well, when I told you about Felicia, the lady who is feeding the stray cats, I did see her with a bag of treats, but I wasn't 100% sure she brought them specifically for the cats or if she just had them on her walk with her dog and just happened to give them to the cats that evening.

Well, tonight I found out it is 100% truth. I let Chiquita out to go potty and she walked out to the street and immediately started barking. I figured someone was coming with their dog, so I had better get out there and get her. Sure enough, Felicia, her husband, and her dog Sky were taking a little stroll, and the hair on Chiquita's back was up about a 1/2 inch. (She is very protective of our house even though about 98% of the dogs in our neighborhood could totally take her and as the dogs get closer she backs further away.) And here is how our conversation went:

Felicia: It's okay, they actually get along! Do you want me to make Sky lay down? She's okay then.
Me: No, that's okay, I'll just hold her.
Felicia: Sky would never hurt a thing. She actually likes her, but they just haven't seen each other in a while.
Me: Yeah.
Felicia: I haven't seen the black kittens out tonight. Have you seen them recently? Do they come down to your house?
Me: (chuckles) Uh, yeah, actually. I find them under my car some mornings.
Felicia: Sometimes I bring a bag of treats with me for them, but I haven't seen them.
Me: Oh really? I have seen a groundhog around the barn the past week or so, and I was wondering if they play nice!
Felicia: Yep, that groundhog lives in the barn. And they better play nice, he needs to share with those black kittens!

I couldn't believe I was actually having this conversation! Everything I have thought was completely true! Uhh...I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do about those cats. And yes, cats, when they are the size of regular cats, they are not kittens, they are big furry cats.

No comments: