There are several things that happen to me on a daily basis that I am pretty sure could never happen to anyone else. Most of the time they give me a good laugh but sometimes not so much.
For those of you who know my mom know that she likes crafts and decorating. So when spring came around, she of course needed a new spring wreath to put on the front door. Not long after she placed the wreath on the front door, a bird decided to make itself a home in it. My dad's comment is, "It's the most authentic spring wreath you can get!" while it mainly just bothers my mom and me.
So tonight when I came home, the porch light wasn't on, and I began walking up the front steps. When I opened the front door, I immediately felt something above my head with wings flapping in my hair. I screamed and ran inside the door as the bird managed to de-tangle itself out of my hair and fly away peacefully. I tried to refrain from using any profanity (I may have failed) as I stumbled in the front door while my parents began laughing at me.
You know, sometimes I think that it would be nice to be surprised by someone when I walk in my front door one day. Like, "Oh my goodness, hi!! I haven't seen you in over a year and what?? My parents flew you in for the weekend?!" However, from now on, I will always remember this bad surprise and try not to wish for any more welcome home surprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment