Last night I had to run into Walmart quickly to pick up something for my sister. As I was walking down the aisle, there was a little girl who wouldn't follow her mom. She was at the other end of the aisle and was obviously not planning on moving until she got what she wanted. I then heard the mother say, "Come on Elena, you better hurry up or else the boogeyman is going to get you."
Another woman I know never wanted to be a mother and is quite possibly one of the worst mothers I have ever met. Her son is completely terrified of getting shots. When she introduces him to people, she tells him they are doctors, and they are going to give him 3 big shots if he doesn't listen to them.
I'm not going to lie, I have deceived children I have babysat before by saying things like, "What? More cookies? But they are all gone!" or "That really loud annoying toy you like to bother me with? I don't know where it is!" However, I have never lied for the sake of simply scaring the hell out of a child and especially not just to get them to obey me.
What is it going to be like one day when these kids grow up and realize their mothers lied to them about a lot of things simply because they were too lazy to deal with the real issues and discipline their children properly? Or what if they just showed a little bit of love for their children? Is that really too hard to ask?
Ugh...pet peeve #37.
No comments:
Post a Comment