Saturday, September 5, 2009

#11. Heartache Re-Visited.

I just couldn't get enough of that title: The Magnificent Adventures of Heartache. So naturally I had to keep thinking and writing about it.

It's not only an issue of trust in past circumstances. It's the future. Do I trust Him to not only turn the worst day of my life into something beautiful, but do I trust Him to take every aspect of my life and turn it into something beautiful? Am I willing to be used for His glory?

Our executive pastor was sharing the other day that if given the choice to write the script of our lives, none of us would choose the script we've been given or the script that has been written so far. But we also know that His ways are not our ways, or His thoughts our thoughts. They are much greater and much more significant than we can ever imagine. The Creator of the entire universe has written the script for my life, and I have the audacity to question it? Who am I apart from who I am in Him?

There is a part of my life that involves heartache that I often question God on. Is this really Your plan? Why does reading that e-mail or seeing that picture bother me so much? Are You sure You meant for it to be like this? Was it all just a waste my time and energy? Why do I still feel the way I do? And I wrestle with God over these questions of uncertainty and doubt.

I was encouraged the other day by Jon Acuff's thoughts on wrestling with God. I hope you are too.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I must say... these posts just really dont mean the same now that I know the secret behind them!! :) jk. I hope you are having a totally restful and fun weekend!