Sunday, September 13, 2009

#4. Big Days.

An older man at my church (and when I say older, I mean at least in his 70s) has recently started calling me "Abs". It's kinda cute. It makes me smile every time because I'm not really sure why he started calling me that or if he knows that only people between the ages of 20-26 call me that.

Today was a big day. They announced I was leaving in the service, I told the kids during Sunday school, and they also announced it at Perrysburg. Next Sunday will be my last week at First with the elders praying over me and having a party with the kids. The week after that will be my first Sunday at Perrysburg where I will be introduced in both services.

So far things have gone well. There are only two kids who won't talk to me, so 2/50...I figure that is a pretty good percentage. How do you make a 12 year-old understand that sometimes God leads you in another direction- and it has nothing to do with them? Especially when both of these kids have had a parent who has been "lead in another direction" recently, but God didn't have anything to do with those plans?

"But why did you even apply for the position Ms. Abby?"


Ay yi yi. Pray for me please.

No comments: