Monday, September 7, 2009

#9. Thankful.

Happy Labor Day everyone. I am currently walking 5 miles across the Mackinaw Bridge with the rest of my family, but thanks to technology and my schedule, you are reading something I wrote last week!

Sometimes it is difficult for me to think I deserve something. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times when in my selfishness I think I deserve a lot more than I have, but I'm talking specifically of God's goodness to me. I know nothing I have done in my life has or ever will make me worthy of His sacrifice. He died for me because He loves me and that's the bottom line, but what about when He is good to me? Do I really deserve it?

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:11

God has certainly blessed me this past week. Do I think I am always deserving of it? No. I have learned to trust Him through circumstances, I have learned to ask Him to provide for my needs, and I have been faithful in what He has called me to do these past two years. But was I always trusting, always asking, always faithful? No.

But I think it all comes down to this: God is love. It isn't just a part of who He is, it is who and what He is. And I am His child, and it is out of His love for me that He gives generously.

And I am very thankful for that today.

No comments: