I think the whole idea of business cards is kind of silly. I'm sure they are useful if you are some high-powered executive or maybe a salesman, but for the ordinary working girl, I think it's a little ridiculous. Isn't that what blackberrys are for these days? So you can just type all that information in straight away?
Either way, at one of my current places of employment, education and credentials are extremely important. Therefore, we all have business cards with our degrees listed after our names. Mine reads "Abby Jane, BA" and I just can't help but giggle every time I look at the stack of them sitting on my desk. I like to pretend it stands for something else. No, I don't have a Bachelor of Arts degree thank you very much, I'm just a certified bad A.
I'm not sure if this really is funny or if this just means I'm probably too immature to have business cards. I'll be getting new business cards in the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping these ones won't have my degree listed or else I might just spend my first day in my office giggling.
2 comments:
I use my business cards for the sole purpose of dropping them into the bowl at subway in hopes of a free footlong.
i just ran into this the other day. my g-ma's next door neighbor at the lake hands out business cards. the information on the cards consists of two things: her name right in the middle and her phone number down in the right-hand corner. she must think a lot of herself to have a business card and not even have a business :)
Post a Comment