Okay, I know sometimes I can be a drama queen, but I have had a seriously bad day for the following reasons:
1. I overslept. When that happens to me, I am normally guaranteed to have, at the most, a mediocre day. I would also like to add that it could have been avoided if it weren't for what I considered a really cool feature on my new phone. You see, I can turn it to "alarm only"mode, and then the only thing I hear is when the alarm goes off. 'Excellent!' I thought...for when my friends decide to text me or drunk dial me at 2am and wake me up. This morning, a lady from work called me about 20 minutes after I was supposed to be awake (and wasn't)...but of course, it didn't make a sound!
2. It was raining. You already know how I feel about all types of precipitation.
3. The office was freezing. Apparently people adjusted the heat last night, which caused the heat to shut off and never come back on.
4. Just as I sat down with a hot cup of coffee, I got a call that they needed a hand in the nursery. I got in there, began helping, and got spit up on.
5. I didn't eat a cinnamon roll that was at my house this morning because it was a staff members birthday, and I knew we would be having cake. By the time I got back from the nursery, there was no chocolate cake left and my coffee was cold.
6. I spent an hour on the phone discussing a project issue that I don't even think should be up for discussion. Because of said conversation, I stayed at work an hour and a half later than what I had planned on.
7. I also didn't bring lunch because I didn't plan on being there that late, so I munched on goldfish pretzels I found in my office. They were stale.
8. One of the people I really needed to talk to today is on vacation until Monday, putting me further behind in my schedule for getting this one particular project done.
9. I almost ran out of gas on the way home. When I did get to the gas station, my credit card wouldn't work. I had to go inside and pre-pay. (In which I used the same card inside...and it worked.)
10. After coming out of the gas station, I smelled like a gas station Subway....which pretty much smells like vomit in my opinion. (Has anyone else ever noticed this??)
Ahhh! What a day...and it's only 5pm!
No comments:
Post a Comment