Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jelly-filled donuts.

For the longest time, I have hated jelly-filled donuts. Every time someone eats one I think 'ew, how gross' in my head. It's even to the point where if someone brings donuts in to work or sunday school, I think 'I wish there may, I wish there might...be more than a jelly donut left tonight!' I normally like donuts, and my only problem with assortments is the jelly-filled, or even worse, custard-filled kind. Why ruin a good donut?!

Well, on Thursday night I decided I wanted some Timbits* to go with my coffee. The cashier asked, "Would you like an assortment?" Since I was at the drive-thru, I didn't feel like asking her to list all the different kinds for me and then picking from the list she just told me in which I probably only retained the name of 20% of them. "Uhh...sure" I said. When I got to Bee's house, I opened my Timbits*. Inside was a wonderful assortment (despite getting only one chocolate cake one). I picked up a pretty powder one and took a bite. All of the sudden this liquid began flowing into my mouth (and probably dripping down my chin). And to my horror...it really didn't taste that bad. In fact, it was kind of good! I even willingly ate the next one.

I guess the truth of the matter is, I'm a pretty picky eater. And if I get it in my head that I don't like something, I won't eat it...willingly. I'm probably still not going to eat jelly-filled donuts on a regular basis (I think it's a texture thing...), but at least I now know they really aren't all that bad.

I guess most things in life really aren't as bad as they seem to be at first.



*Donut holes from Tim Horton's.

No comments: