Saturday, March 28, 2009

This could ONLY happen to me...

I'm not exactly sure, but I think my unemployment case manager was flirting with me. I know sometimes people think I am "too friendly" to the opposite sex, but really I was the one being professional! Here are some facts:

1. He called me three times in the past 2 days and left a message once. When he called me on my cellphone on this, a Saturday morning, this was part of the conversation:

Him: You are quite difficult to get ahold of, dear.
Me: Well, I'm unemployed, I have to find something to do!
Him: Well, that obviously doesn't include being home much. What did I leave you- two, three messages?
Me: Well, I only got one.
Him: So you did listen to my message...
Me: Well, yeah but it was after 5pm, so I thought I would wait until Monday.
Him: We were there til 7:30 last night.
Me: Well maybe you should have said that on your voicemail because I didn't know.

2. He knows way too much about my jobs.
Him: The religious affiliations you work for seem to be conflicting...
Me: uhh...not really.
Him: Water for Ishmael? Isn't that Jewish?
Me: Umm...no.

3. He asks way too many unrelated questions.
Him: So where are you headed to this early on a Saturday morning?
Me: Um...church actually.
Him: It's not Sunday! Ohhh, so it's one of those churches that has services on Saturdays, huh?
Me: It's actually practice.
Him: So you have to practice to be holy or something?
Me: Uhh...it's actually singing and drama practice.
Him: Oh...is that what they call a gala or something?
Me: Umm...no.

4. He is creepy.
Me: (trying to end the conversation quickly) So, when I get the information you need, should I call you at the number you gave or on this one?
Him: The one I left on the machine.
Me: Okay then, I will call you first thing Monday morning.
Him: (pause)...you promise?

Of course I will call! My goodness, the price I have to pay to get a small check every week...I'm not sure it's worth it!

No comments: