So I think I'm done. (I think.) The header is actually the wall right in front of my desk where I sit and type type type all the live long day.
I realized something today: I am an awful procrastinator. I blame this on the combination between my mother and my father, which makes me not only a procrastinator but an exceedingly good one. Let me explain:
My mom is a big time procrastinator. Every year, on the closest Friday morning to her birthday (July 29th), she has a birthday breakfast at our house for her and her friends. Because of my mom's personality, she loves to pick a theme each year and decorate (the room, table, food, etc.) based on the theme. Even though I'm pretty sure her birthday has never changed, every year she is up 'til somewhere between 3 and 4am the night before the breakfast, decorating and cleaning the house.
Currently my mom is downstairs cleaning the house for the missionaries who are coming for dinner...who she knew were coming last week.
My dad possesses the same qualities with consistently excellent results. I can't remember a talk my dad gave or a play he was in that he didn't wait until the last minute to write things down or memorize his lines, and yet people think he plans for months. He also did really well in school...but I won't tell any more of his secrets.
Today I got home with a lovely "to do" list and have maybe accomplished 1 1/2 of the 5 things on the list...and I've been home for two hours. I did a semester long project in 2 days. I also didn't study for my 4 year comprehensive Exercise Science exam my senior year, and I passed.
I blame it on my genes.
No comments:
Post a Comment