Well, I just filed for unemployment benefits at the ripe age of 23. Never really thought that would happen, but I guess if the state of Ohio would like to fund my upcoming trip to Florida, who am I to stop them?
I'm just kidding of course. Well, kind of. I am going to Florida. And I will be using my savings to live the next couple of months. And the unemployment benefits will replenish some of my savings. So it's all the same really.
Sometimes when I look further down the road, it can get a little scary. If the school does re-open, then I will have a job for the month of May. But then summer comes, and we are closed for June and August, and my hours are cut in half. And if more funding doesn't come into play, we might not open for summer term in July. So potentially I'm looking at 5 months of living on a lower income and don't really have a plan B...or a plan C.
Man am I glad I've given Someone else control over my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment