I try not to make this blog about the daily, mundane things I do, but sometimes it's just fun to reflect on your day, so here it is:
I woke up this morning to the sound of my alarm and could not for the life of me remember why I had set my alarm for 8am. After a few minutes, I remembered why. You see, the place where I go tanning (in preparation for FL) has a fee for missed tanning appointments. Since I am currently part-time unemployed, I can't afford to miss these tanning sessions, so I make them for semi-early times so I will get up. I immediately regretted that decision this morning.
After running some errands and getting ready for the day, the doorbell rang, and it was the FedEx Man with a package for me! Since last summer I have wanted this bed set from Target, and when it finally went on sale, I couldn't find it in any of the stores around here. So, last week it was marked down even more online, and I got free shipping! I couldn't pass it up. It is super cute.
When I got to church, I had to make copies of the promotional DVDs I made for sports camp. The burning machine thingy is in the new worship pastor's office, so I chatted with him a bit while I was waiting. After talking about my life, my future plans, etc. he said, "Well, you just need a man who will take care of all that for you!" Wow, he's sounding too much like my dad...
After work, I went with Libbie to shop for decorations and invitation supplies for Jess' bridal shower. Libbie and I have always had a way of finding trouble when we are together, unfortunately. I went to go pick up a fake stack of books that said "Paris" on them, and I turned it over so Lib could read the price on the bottom. Oopsies, turns out each book was a drawer...and they fell, and it was a little loud, and we laughed really hard, but I don't think anyone saw us. (?)
I then headed over to Bee's house for the usual Thursday night, which normally consists of Bee and I, her brother, and about 4 of her brother's friends. We played guys vs. girls in Pokemon Puzzler on the Wii (they are looking for revenge next week...suckas!), watched Smallville, The Office, and then played SmartyPants on Wii. Bee is now currently unemployed as well, so we laughed a lot about us being unemployed...and there were a fair number of "that's what she said" jokes to laugh about too (always is with the Thursday night crew...).
And then I got so tired I could barely answer the questions to the game, and I knew if I didn't move at that moment, I wouldn't ever. So I came home and now I'm sitting here trying to keep my eyes open long enough to finish this...
And that is the daily life of a part-time unemployed 23 year-old.
I love my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment