Last night as I was checking my dwindling bank account, I noticed that my paycheck from church, which gets directly deposited, was higher than usual. I was really confused for a minute (and was becoming delusional about the fact that I might have possibly gotten a raise), so I dug around for the actual stub which was somewhere in the bottom of my purse.
Now...I don't love everything Obama is about, but because I have such a low income, the "stimulus plan" actually made about a $20 difference on my paycheck. I know $20 isn't a lot, but it was just another way in which God is providing for me through these next couple months of only having one income.
Not only did that blessing come the exact week I stopped getting paid, we also received enough in donations this week to run our payroll from last week this morning. God not only filled my cup, he overflowed it.
"I do dearly love surprise encounters with Jesus Christ, but I think He is pleased when we live our lives in expectancy. He delights in faith that fully expects Him to act. We may not know exactly when or how, but oh to live in certainty that Christ will show up in our circumstances as we seek Him and welcome Him." from my Bible study this week in Jesus the One and Only (Beth Moore)
1 comment:
Isn't amazing how and when the Lord provides what we NEED?!?
I love it!
Expectant faith is a powerful thing.
Post a Comment